Smith House on Westport Island Maine
This inviting 18th century dwelling on 7 acres at cove's edge offers the perfect location for a dream wedding, couples retreat, family vacation, special event, or simple solitude. The location is quiet, secluded and surrounded by the coastal beauty only Maine can offer.
Smith House offers many wonderful amenities. Here are some of the basics:
2013 Details and Rates:
Rooms: 7 BR (2 are downstairs); sleeps 17 comfortably.
New additions: Patio looking over the pond where one can greet morning sunrise
Fire pit on ledge by barn, overlooking Heal Cove and the islands
- minimum rental: one week
- Friday to Friday change over
- off-season: April 12-May 16, 2013 and October 19-Nov 1, 2013 $1495/wk; $4,500/mo
- peak-season: $3,495/wk; $12,500/mo
- $500 surcharge for very large gatherings (weddings, family reunions)
Smith House is surrounded by nature's beauty. There is so much to enjoy here.
- on-site fishing, canoeing, wind surfing, kayaking, or boating
- wooded trails for hiking, biking, or afternoon walks
- sunrises over the pond and sunsets over the ocean.
- as well as area sightseeing, antiquing, and shopping.
Sometimes the best part of staying at Smith House is sitting in the rocking chair, on the screened porch, that overlooks the Tyler islands reading and napping. Whatever your pleasure you will be able to experience it here.